Some Reasons for Low Process Compliance

Here are some reasons that are offered by practitioners for low process compliance. This happens in organizations cutting across sectors.
  • Project team doesn’t have time to follow the process… our delivery timelines are too tight
  • I am not a Project Manager… I am more of a technical lead
  • My project is different… we use a different methodology
  • This project is managed by customer… we do the work as they tell us
  • This project is very small… all these processes do not apply to us
  • I wasn’t told this earlier… I will start doing it henceforth
  • I didn’t receive training on this… do you think I need to send request to training function for this?
  • The process defined is not appropriate for my situation… I will communicate this to the process group
  • Do you expect me to document everything I do?
  • Either I can do it or document it
  • I don’t think it is necessary to get my work reviewed at interim stages, the final testing will find the defects anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment